WHAT DOES AN “FCA CHARACTER COACH” LOOK LIKE?
Character Coaches/Chaplains could take on a number of different roles - here are many of the common ones:
- Lead and coordinate devotionals.
- Provide personal care to players, coaches, and support staff.
- Alert the coach to critical issues that could affect his/her program.
- Be available and equipped at all times to help in crisis situations.
- Provide training and resources for character development and life management skills.
- Pray for, encourage, and exhort players, coaches, coaches’ families, and support staff.