The mission of FCA is "to present to coaches and athletes and all whom they influence the challenge and adventure of receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, serving Him in their relationships and in the fellowship of the church."
Did you know?
1. The Upper Cumberland Fellowship of Christian Athletes (UC-FCA) consists of:
· 12 counties
· 29 cities/towns/communities
· 45,220 student population, potential UC-FCA participants
· 63 schools available for campus ministry organization (includes middle school, high school, and college)
· 40 current campus ministries which are active
· 2000+ active youth participants
2. You do not have to be an athlete to be an FCA participant. Any student, coach, parent or fan is welcome to attend.
3. UC-FCA includes a community ministry, which is a non-school based FCA organization that reaches the community through partnerships with local churches, businesses, parents, and volunteers. These ministries not only reach out to the community, but also allow the community to invest in athletes and coaches.
Community ministries include: stewardship ministries, adult ministries, and sport-specific ministries.
Activities include: Banquets, golf tournaments, participation in church services, a speakers network, fields of faith activities, and service projects.
4. UC-FCA includes a coach’s ministry which consists of an organization for coaches. Our role is to minister to them by encouraging and equipping them to know and serve Christ. This program provides staff contacts, prayer support, resources, outreach events, Bible studies, retreats and conferences.
5. UC-FCA has a staff of four (2 full-time and 2 part-time), plus numerous volunteers.
6. UC-FCA’s projected budget for 2018 is $350,000.